Our Services - Gait Analysis and Orthotics
Why Gait Analysis?
We believe in getting to the cause of the problem and not just dealing with the symptoms. The structure and movement of your foot is the cause of many lower limb problems. A Gait Analysis allows us to determine if this is the case and if so, what we need to do to improve the situation.
What sort of conditions is it relevant for?
It can be relevant for any knee and lower limb pain but examples include:
- Anterior knee pain
- Runners knee
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Tendinopathy
- Flat feet
- Morton's Neuroma
How does it work?
This is typically a 5-step process:
1. We start with a brief chat about your problem and anything you have been trying to do to resolve it to date.
2. Then one of our physios will assess the structure and alignment of your foot in standing and on a treatment couch.
3. The gait analysis itself involves standing on, walking over and where appropriate running over a force plate. We use the RS Scan technology for this.
4. We then use a specialist software to analyse the way your foot loads and the stress and forces going through your foot.
5. Finally, we will bring all the information together and finish with a recommendation on whether you need some off the shelf insoles or custom made ultra-light 3D printed insole using a company called PHIT's.
To begin your treatment plan, please call your nearest practice for bookings or further information.